Thursday 1 February 2018

RIP Robert Parry

My message to Robert Parry's son, following an article that he has written about his father, who passed away a few days ago:


Dear Nat,

Since escaping the false reality of corporate media just over a year ago - on the day of east Aleppo’s liberation, in Syria - I have come to rely on Consortium News as one of my most valued news sources. I had previously, naively, thought that most journalists in the liberal mainstream, such as those at the Guardian, were fairly partisan and could be trusted. How wrong I was!

I suddenly felt quite lost, not knowing what information to trust, so it was such a relief to find people like Mr Parry, who truly just care about the facts, and are willing to actually question ‘official sources’ and the powers that be. If only it was possible for journalists with such integrity to work in the mainstream!

It has been so depressing following the Russiagate hysteria; seeing how easily manipulated the masses can be. Your father’s incessant debunking of every outlandish claim has been invaluable for me.

He has inspired me to always question everything, including my own judgements and conclusions. It has been a scary but enlightening journey, learning about the real ways of this fallen world, and I will continue to learn by reading the many other great journalists who contribute to Consortium News, (and will continue donating monthly).

Condolences,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment