Tuesday 24 March 2020

Conoravirus conspiracy? I don't see it.

I‘ve noticed that many are concerned that the Coronavirus crisis is overhyped and some kind of operation by elites to implement a police state...

Firstly, from what I’ve read, I really don’t think this is overhyped. Just look at Italy, Iran. This virus is clearly not something we have the resources to cope with, if left to spread unchecked. It will most likely kill many, many people, and devastate healthcare systems.

Secondly, those pushing for strict laws during this crisis, it seems to me, are generally not the same actors who push for the suppression of dissent, increased surveillance, etc, in normal times. In fact, those who push for that are generally opposed to the economic lockdowns that will negatively impact their interests.

And in order for this to be some kind of conspiracy, we’d need to believe that non-US Empire states are in on it, given that they have implemented the harshest measures. And obviously, that’s dumb.

And... I don’t think the World Health Organisation, which advises for strict lockdowns, is a vassal of capitalist elites!

So I’m not too concerned about this temporary transition to a quasi police state. Although saying that, I do think it likely that many elites may see this as an opportunity to expand authoritarian agendas, so we should definitely be vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment